Skip navigation

Police FAQs

What number do I call if I need a police officer?
  • If an emergency call 911.
  • To meet with or talk to an officer call 757-2244 or 882-2292.
  • If you have a Municipal court related question call 608-490-0544 or email
  • If you which to speak to the police secretary or have an administrative question call 882-2292 then press 0
What are the hours the lobby is open at the Evansville Police Department?
  • Mon- Fri 7am-5pm
  • If the lobby is closed press the red button on the wall to the right of the entrance door and you will be connected to a police dispatcher who will assist you.
How do I obtain a police record, accident report, etc., and is there a cost or fee?
  • Click HERE for records request form and information.
  • Click HERE for records request fees.
How do I pay a parking citation?
  • Click HERE for information on parking.
How do I pay a municipal or traffic citation?
  • You can pay On line at:  (Use Jurisdiction Code 6845)
  • Click HERE for Evansville Municipal Court contact information.
When and where is municipal court?
  • Municipal Court is held the second Saturday of each month located on 3rd floor of City Hall.
  • Municipal Trials are scheduled the last Wednesday of each month, same location at 6:30pm.
  • Click HERE for Evansville Municipal Court
How do I buy a bike license?
  • Bike licenses can be purchased at the police department M-F from 7am-3pm
How do I buy a dog license?
  • Dog licenses can be purchased at City Hall M-F from 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Does Evansville have a winter parking ordinance?
  • Yes. Click HERE for parking information.
Do I need a permit to parking in city lots?
  • Yes. Permits can be obtained from the police department M-F from 7am-5pm.
  • Click HERE for parking information..
Does Evansville have a leash law for pets?
  • No, however there is an ordinance that requires pets to remain on their own property or under the control of the owner.
  • Click HERE for information about animal ordinances.
Can I register my vehicle at the Evansville Police Department?
  • Yes. Click HERE for more information.
Can I renew my driver’s license at the Evansville Police Department?
  • No. We only register cars, light trucks, motorcycles and new mopeds.
How can I get a copy of my driving record?
  • You can only obtain your driving record from the DMV. Click HERE.
How do I obtain a restraining order?
  • Restraining orders are issued at the Rock County Courthouse. Click HERE for more information.
Does the Evansville Police Department unlock vehicles?
  • Yes but only within the City of Evansville. For assistance call 757-2244
Where can I get rid of old and/or unused prescriptions?
  • Prescriptions can be dropped off at out drug drop box which is located outside the police department lobby. We DO NOT accept any illegal drugs, sharps/needles, liquids/creams/ointments or aerosols/inhalers.
Does Evansville Police Department conduct Salvage Vehicle Inspections?
  • No. The Evansville Police Department is currently not conducting salvage vehicle inspections.
How do I find out where registered sex offenders live?
  • The Wisconsin Department of Corrections maintains an online registry of sex offenders. Click HERE for more information.
How do I find information on Wisconsin's Concealed Carry Law?
  • Wisconsin Act 35 was signed into law on July 8, 2011, and published on July 22, 2011. The provisions regarding carrying a concealed weapon (CCW) license took effect until November 1, 2011. The Wisconsin Department of Justice website contains up-to-date information to answer many of the questions being asked by citizens. This information is updated as needed, so it is recommended to check back often.
  • Click HERE for more information.
I was involved in a traffic accident and the police didn't do an accident report. How can I get one?
  • If you were involved in a traffic crash and law enforcement did not complete a traffic crash report for you, and/or you received a letter from the Department of Transportation stating you were involved in a reportable traffic crash, you are required to complete a traffic crash report.
  • Click HERE for more info.
I lost something in the city. How can I find out if the police have it?
  • You can call 608-882-2292 and ask if the police located your property. There is also our Found Property page with a list of items found or turned into the police department. Click HERE for that page.