Skip navigation

Permits and Licenses


Some licenses such as animal and liquor licenses are regulated by the State.   A license to close a street for a block party or place a dumpster in the right-of-way temporarily were designed by the City to accommodate the needs of the residents and businesses. 


The following are permits and licenses residents or business owners are required to obtain from the City of Evansville Clerk's Office:

​Alcohol Licenses

The purpose of alcohol licensing in the State of Wisconsin is to better ensure the public health and welfare of Wisconsin residents.

The State of Wisconsin requires all persons who vend, sell, deal or traffic intoxicating liquors or fermented malt beverages to be licensed with their local government.

As a result, anyone who vends, sells, deals or traffics any alcoholic beverages within City limits, in any amount, is required to first obtain a license from the City of Evansville (See Wisconsin Statues §125 and Chapter 6 Alcohol Beverages in the City of Evansville Municipal Code).

  • NEW Alcohol Beverage Municipal Retail License Forms

    • AB-100 – Alcohol Beverage Individual Questionnaire (Formerly AT-103/103a, Supplemental/Auxiliary Questionnaire)
    • AB-101 – Alcohol Beverage Appointment of Agent (Formerly AT-104 Schedule for Appointment of Agent and AT-200 Appointment of Successor Agent)

    • AB-200 – Alcohol Beverage Retail License Application (Formerly AT-106 Original Alcohol Beverage License Application and AT-115 Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application)

      • Under 2023 Wisconsin Act 73, municipalities and retailers must use these new forms for license applications and renewals. Note: Forms AT-103, AT-103a, AT-104, AT-106, AT-115, and AT-200 are discontinued.

      • To move necessary forms quickly and accommodate changes in the law, a renewal alcohol beverage license form is not available. All existing licensees should use AB-200, Alcohol Beverage Retail License Application to reapply for their licenses.

      • A temporary retail license application, license and permit transfer application, and restricted investor affidavits are in the works and will be released in the coming weeks. For more information about the changes to Chapter 125 affecting retail licensees, please read the February 2024 Edition of DOR on Tap

  • Alcohol Retail License-Temporary Class B License
  • Alcohol Retail License-Temporary Extension of Premises
  • Operator's (Bartender's) License - Municipal 


  • Tobacco Permit
    • Sole proprietor, partners, or officers/members and appointed agents must each complete the individual questionnaire for background check.
    • LLC's and Corporations must appoint an agent responsible for sale of cigarette, tobacco, and/or electronic vaping devices.

Animal Licenses

Business Permits

Issued Mobile Vendor Permits & Solicitor Licenses

Issuance Individual Name Business Name Type
02/2024-12/2024    Eat at Joes Mobile Vendor
3/5/24-12/31/24 Grady Geishirt Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Jacob Woods Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Dakota Wahl Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Derek Brellenthin Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Chase Smelzer Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Drew Reynolds Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Hunter Radloff Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/5/24-12/31/24 Aaron Schlitz Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/8/24-12/31/24 Wade Shephard Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/8/24-12/31/24 HB Fagen Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/8/24-12/31/24 James Edwards Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/8/24-12/31/24 Blake Herburger Everlight Solar Solicitor's
3/8/24-12/31/24 Grady Geishirt Everlight Solar Solicitor's
4/12/24-12/31/24 Chandler Sanford Everlight Solar Solicitor's


Street Use Permits


Up to date Information on: Absentee Voting Registration Ballot Tracking Voting Hours/Locations What's on My Ballot?

For the year of 2024, the City of Evansville will be switching from paper poll books to electronic poll books called Badger Books. Badger Books are used to check in voters, print tally slips, enter registrations, and record absentee voters. They work just like the paper poll books and voters will still confirm their name and address with poll workers and sign for their printed slip containing their voter number that they will then hand in to get their ballot. The following is a link to a short introductory video:

An Introduction to Badger Books